Lavender and Old Lace

"come into the garden. . . the cloistered spot where golden lilies tinkled, thrushes sang, and every leaf breathed peace." 'Lavender and Old Lace' ~Myrtle Reed~

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

"I've always thought my flowers had souls. . . they seem like real people to me. I've seen the roses rubbing their cheeks together as if they loved eachother, and the forget-me-nots are little blue-eyed children, half afraid of rest." 'Lavender and Old Lace' ~Myrtle Reed~

Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's Here!






We are officially in Spring and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I noticed last Saturday as I was looking out my bedroom window, while I was supposed to be cleaning up, that one of the trees I planted this fall
actually has leaves on it. I abandoned bedroom cleaning to look at the new green leaves and discovered that the tiny tree wasn't the only thing getting leaves in my garden, most of my lilac bushes also have new buds, and the white violet plant that I rescued last spring from a planter that had gotten overlook was blooming as well. The past few months have been so busy with school etc. that the garden kind of got forgotten, I can't hardly wait for the days to get just a little bit warmer so that I can do some digging in the dirt, and plant some seeds in the grounds around our new home. Until then I'll enjoy the surprises coming up that were planted by nature last summer when my cosmos went to seed.